Thursday, December 29, 2005

Count Your Blessings (Instead of Sheep)

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep

And I fall asleep counting my blessings


Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney sung this little song by Irving Berlin in the movie White Christmas, one of my favorite holiday classics. As I look back over the past year, I can't help but count my many blessings: family, friends, good health, heart, and mind.

When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all

And I fall asleep counting my blessings


I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds

Every Christmas I remind myself that I'm blessed to end each year alive and well and start the New Year off the same way. I'm excited of what will become of the year 2006: meeting new knitters, starting new projects, and hopefully finishing some too. As you count your blessings, I pray that the New Year brings love, joy, peace, hope, and happiness to all my fellow knitters.

If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep

And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings