Sunday, February 19, 2006

Dishcloths...Deep in the Heart of Texas

My Lone Star State Knitters group is participating in a project where everyone was asked to knit 3 squares, which form the shape of Texas, from any color in Bernat Cotton Tots and mail to 3 members who are expecting newborns. The finished squares will be sewn together to create baby afghans.


This was my very first dishcloth taken from one of many patterns at Knitting Knonsense. I chose to knit mine in Cotton Tots Confetti. You can't tell from the photos, but the yarn is white with subtle hints of pastel pink, blue, yellow, and green. It knit up so quickly.

Knitting dishcloths has never once crossed my mind until this little project began. The pattern was fun and simple and I'll most likely knit up a set to match my kitchen decor.

I think this is what they mean when they say 'embrace your inner granny!' Posted by Picasa