Sunday, March 19, 2006

Happy 35th Birthday to Me!

Your Birthdate: March 19

You are resilient, and no doubt your resilience has already been tested.
You've had some difficult experiences in your life, but you are wise from them.
Having had to grow up quickly, you tend to discount the advice of others.
You tend to be a loner, having learned that the only person you can depend on is yourself.

Your strength: Well developed stability and confidence

Your weakness: Suspicion of others

Your power color: Eggplant

Your power symbol: Spade

Your power month: October


Today is not only my birthday but my baby sister's as well; she's 14 years my junior coming in to her own at a fresh 21 years of age. I tease her a lot and tell her she was our families surprise blessing in disguise. It's been amazing watching her grow up. She reminds me a lot of myself when I was searching, seeking trying to find out who I am and where I fit in this world. Would I want to be 21 again-not for all the tea in China. I've come to appreciate who I am at this age and stage in my life. With each year that God graces me to live and breath on this earth, I'm thankful for the woman I've become. It took a while for me to learn to be comfortable in my own skin. I guess age has a way of doing that to you.

Although my day was spoiled by rain, which flooded most of the DFW Metroplex, I spent it inside the tranquil and cozy atmosphere of the Elizabeth Arden Spa--a special treat from my best friend. We each had a facial, massage, manicure and pedicure. It was heaven on earth. I left this oasis feeling pampered and a bit spoiled. A girl could easily get used to the finer things in life.