Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Rose by Any Other Name...

My Fort Worth Knitting Meetup Thursday night flourished into a rosebud producing training class.



Paula, a fellow knitter turned instructor, is one of the most talented knitters I've come to know. The combinations of colors and textures she comprises are inspiring. She created a knitted hat and mittens set that had all these wonderful embellishments which included one of these handmade rose ribbons. It's amazing what you can do with a little wire ribbon, felt, and needle and thread.
















The women in this group all have some skills that can bring out the creative genious in any knitter at any skill level. I walk away learning a little more about them and a little more about myself as well. I guess knitting is just one of those things that's a common thread that generates a common connection for us all.
Posted by Picasa