Tuesday, May 16, 2006

1st Time Sock Knitter...maybe!

My first attempt at sock knitting has been a very pleasant experience so far. I found Lion Brand Magic Stripes Bright Spring on clearance at Garden Ridge. Once I bought it, I got the itch to stitch and joined the 1st Time Sock Knitting KAL. The online tutorials have been helpful and written in laymen's terms for amateurs such as myself. After I got into the groove of using my size 3 double points, the awkard feeling in my hands subsided. The 2x2 ribbing was smooth sailing, but upon closer inspection, I've noticed that I have combined two sets of K2 ribbing in the back of my work. Then came the turning of the heel or the taming of the shrew as I'd like to call it. I can't quite put my finger on what I've done with the heel/heel flap, but I don't think it's right. So now I'm at the tinking vs. frogging crossroads. Either way, I can't wait to finish this pair and see the fruits of my labor. This could be the start of a new obsession.





Posted by Picasa